The Cristóbal Soler’s master class at CSM Galicia will be held from July 2 to 5, 2020 and is aimed at higher music graduates or those interested in conducting of any age or origin who aspire to develop their profession in the field of orchestra conducting, and teachers of music schools or conservatories who aspire to enhance their careers and improve their abilities as conductors.
Considered as one of the most important directors of his generation, the criticism has been unanimous in highlighting the charisma and interpretive depth of Cristóbal Soler, in addition to a precise and consolidated conducting technique. He has been the director of the Teatro de la Zarzuela in Madrid for six seasons. After completing his advanced studies in composition and orchestral conducting, he completed the Master of Orchestral Conducting at the University of Munich, with top marks. He has been artistic director and founder of the Philharmonic Orchestra of the University of Valencia (1995-2010), which won the 1st Prize in the International Competition for Young Symphony Orchestras, held in Vienna in 1998.
The profession of conductor has multiple capacities and competences that must be developed in order to master his professional activity. In this master class by Cristóbal Soler from the Higher Music Center of Galicia we bring you a great teacher of international prestige within the professional world of conducting.
It will have analysis and theory sessions, piano practice, Orchestra practice and talks or conferences mainly related to leadership, management, programming and professional development. The repertoire to be worked on will be for the concert of the Opera and Zarzuela Lyric Gala that will be held on the 13th, although the times set forth here may be modified because there are still nuances to be specified.
In addition, maestro Soler will give a Conference about the Zarzuela and spanish music in 21th Century.
OBJECTIVES OF CRISTÓBAL SOLER’S MASTER CLASS
- Study and develop gestural techniques for conducting.Master the multiple responsibilities expected of the conductor within a professional orchestra.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of artistic and psychological issues by providing the theoretical-practical tools for a successful career as a conductor.
- Contribute to the artistic development of the director in the multiple fields of professional activity.
- Acquire the theoretical and practical training required to enter the labor market.
- Promote an open, proactive and innovative vision and attitude.
- Work of the repertoire sent to the students enrolled in the Master Class for the realization of the Opera and Zarzuela Lyrical Gala together with the singing students of the CSM Galicia.
ADVACNED CONDUCTING TECHNIQUES: Technique, practices and music practices.
RESOURCES APPLIED TO CONDUCTING: Programming, planning and management.
THEORETICAL BASES: History, theory and analysis.
REPERTOIRE: Opera and zarzuela scores will be prepared by the CSM Galicia student body with a sinfonic orchestra. The list of repertoire is this:
- List of Opera Arias
- Ah non credea mirarti LA SONNAMBULA by V. Bellini
- Com´ è bello LUCREZIA BORGIA by G. Donizetti
- Prendi / il mio rigor L´ELISIR D´AMORE by G. Donizetti
- Quel guardo il cavaliere DON PASQUALE by G. Donizetti
- Una voce poco fa´ IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA b yG. Rossini
- Largo al factotum IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA by G. Rossini
- Che faro senza Euridice ORFEO Y EURIDICE by Gluck
- Lascia ch’io pianga RINALDO by Handel
- Ombra mai fu XERXES by Haendel
- List of Zarzuela
- Dúo Maripepa y Felipe LA REVOLTOSA by R. Chapí
- Chotis del Eliseo Madrileño LA GRAN VIA by F. Chueca
- Polonesa EL BARBERO DE SEVILLA by G Giménez
- Sierras de Granada LA TEMPRANICA by G. Giménez
- Petenera LA MARCHENERA by M. Torroba
- Romanza de José María LA CHULAPONA by M. Torroba
- No puede ser LA TABERNERA DEL PUERTO by P. Sorozábal
- Hace tiempo que vengo al taller LA DEL MANOJO DE ROSAS by P. Sorozábal
- Por el humo se sabe donde está el fuego DOÑA FRANCISQUITA by A. Vives
LOCATION OF CLASSES
CSM Galicia – Auditorium of Valga, Ferreirós 1º A, Cordeiro. 36645 Valga (Pontevedra). See on maps.
Certificate-Diploma issued by the Higher Music Center of Galcia – Cemu Higher Galival Music – Authorized Center for Higher Artistic Education in Music and the Excellent Council of Valga.
To obtain it, the student must have attended all the sessions of Cristóbal Soler’s master class.
– MODALITY A: ACTIVE STUDENT
Classes, analysis, theory, orchestral practices
Requirements: CV and download link or direct view link (Dropbox, Youtube) with an orchestral practice or a 15 min concerto.
Seat reservation: 225€ (This amount will not be refunded in case you do not attend the master class)
Tuition fee: 450 €
Limited seats: Priority is given to students previously enrolled in Cristóbal Soler’s Master Class.
Time table: (to be specified)
– MODALITY B: Auditing student
Tuition fee: 90 €
– MODALITY D: CSM Galicia students
Sign up here
IMPORTANT: Insert ID Card number, full name and the name of the Master Class in the transfer concept.
If you have any doubts or need more information, contact us.